AIM: How can we determine the probability of an event?
HW: Unit 5 "What Do You Expect?" - ACE #1-2, 4-5; p.36-37
Would you rather have a 75% chance of winning $50 or a 25% chance of winning $100? Explain.
We continued building atop our probability foundation today. The class more closely investigated the differences between theoretical and experimental probability. We accomplished this by finding the theoretical probability of flipping a coin 6 times and compared that to the experimental probability after actually doing it. In order to test the effects of an an increase in trials, partners flipped their coins 30 times and recorded the results. Students noticed that the results were much closer to the theoretical probability than when only 6 trials were performed.
We also looked at colored spinners and colored marbles in a bag to round out our understanding of basic probability.